Join the SMR Team Today!
SMR Counseling Services was developed to serve the needs of those who desire professional therapy outside traditional appointment hours and settings. We meet these needs by offering appointments early mornings, late evenings, Saturday, Sunday, by phone and online.
In addition to serving diverse populations, we believe in the education and promotion of lifetime learning for current and future licensed counselors in order to carry our mission and vision into the next generation. At SMR Counseling Services, we are committed to ensuring every counselor has the professional training and supervision necessary to achieve their individual goals.
- Master's Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy or Social Work
- Licensed LMSW, LCSW-C, LGPC, LCPC, LGMFT, LCMFT in the State of Maryland or Washington, DC (active and in good standing)
- Active Liability Insurance
- Ability to engage with individuals and families in a respectful/professional manner at all times
- Ability to relate to diverse populations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dependable and Punctual
- Telemedicine and In-person flexibility
- Free training/CEU's
- $2,400 Health Benefit Stipend
- Board Certified Supervisors are available for Licensed Graduate Professional Counselors and Licensed Master Social Workers who may need supervision hours
- Bi-Weekly Group Supervision
Counselors are expected to adhere to the following expectations and guidelines:
- Report to Dr. Shauna Moore Reynolds and assigned Clinical Supervisor.
- Comply with all SMR Counseling Services Policies and Procedures.
- Attend weekly individual supervision and bi-weekly group supervision meetings (Licensed Graduate Counselors and Interns ONLY)
- Attend all Mandatory office meetings, seminars and training.
- Enter documentation into TherapyNotes within 24 to 48 hours of the counseling session.
- At SMR Counseling, we believe in community outreach! Each licensed counselor is responsible for further networking and/or advertising in order to build their client loads.
- If in the office, personnel are responsible for bringing a personal laptop to complete notes.
- Notify Dr. Shauna Moore Reynolds and office staff of planned absence or scheduling changes as soon as possible to ensure clients are notified in a timely manner.
- Any other duties as needed.
Client Management and Notes:
- Complete comprehensive assessments within program guidelines and formulate appropriate diagnostic impressions and treatment plans.
- Meet deadlines consistent with client assessments, in conjunction with clients and supervisor, to include goals, interventions, and necessary support or referral services.
- Evaluate client response to treatment, modifying treatment plans or recommending treatment extensions as circumstances require.
- Conduct individual counseling sessions with clients in accordance with the treatment plan, or as necessary for crisis intervention.
- Provide clients with appropriate feedback, support, or encouragement to address presenting problems.
- Prepare and conduct group counseling, as needed.
- Document treatment plans, narratives, progress notes, interventions, treatment evaluations discharge summaries, treatment plan reviews, and so forth; and maintain clients’ records and charts in accordance with organizational regulatory accreditations and contractual standards.
Dr. Shauna Moore Reynolds is reviewing all applications. Please do not contact the office. Forward all resumes and questions to [email protected]