Welcome to SMR Counseling Services! My name is Dr. Shauna Moore Reynolds and I am the founder and Executive Director of SMR Counseling Services. With the guidance and support of my husband Douglas, I created SMR Counseling Services to serve the needs of those who desire professional therapy outside traditional appointment hours and settings. We meet these needs by offering appointments late evenings, Saturday, Sunday, by phone, online and home visits. Please read more about our founding pinciples below.
The mission of SMR Counseling Services is to: (1) Provide professional competent counseling and therapy to the communities in and surounding the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia, and (2) To be a clinical training site and source of support for future mental health professionals.
· To provide a safe, confidential, professional environment in which lives are transformed, relationships are
reconciled, and hope is found.
· To offer an array of counseling services and family life education programs for the purpose of enrichment,
growth, and healing.
· To act as a change agent in and beyond the Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia.
· To educate and promote lifetime learning by providing training and supervision for future licensed
counselors in order to carry our mission and vision into the next generation.
· Through the power of God’s grace we will promote relational wholeness with God, Self, and Others.
SMR Counseling Services is distinct from other counseling services for the following reasons:
· We offer a combination of professional and faith-based mental health counseling to members of the
community at large. Clients have a choice on the type of counseling they will like to receive.
· We are the only private practice in our area that provides a spiritual and a clinical training site for
developing future therapists in a faith-based environment.
· We offer holistic counseling that addresses the mind (psychology), body (physical), and spirit (faith).
· We are able to connect clients to other valuable resources, organizations, and ministries in the community.
· We offer a wide range of counseling services to address the needs of clients of all ages.
· We serve the needs of those who desire professional therapy outside traditional appointment hours
and settings. We meet these needs by offering appointments late evenings, Saturday, Sunday, by phone,
online and home visits.